scottreadsit

Scott Reads It!

Liar and Spy

Liar and Spy - Find this review @ Scott Reads ItLiar & Spy really surprised me in every single way. First of all, I usually don't read middle-school books at all because they don't interest me like YA novels do. Second, I don't usually read realistic fiction because in my opinion reality is too ordinary and boring to read about. I went against my reader instinct when I picked up Liar & Spy but I'm happy I did.I really would like to thank Random House for providing me with an advanced reader copy, in exchange for an honest review. Liar & Spy exceeded my expectations! Liar & Spy is at the surface, a children's book but it's so much more. This is a book that people of all ages can enjoy even stubborn teens like me. Liar & Spy is a fantastic and realistic tale that takes place in the borough of Brooklyn. Our hero Georges has moved into a new apartment building where he meets Safer, a twelve year old spy. Safer casts Georges into a fun and dangerous world of spies. Their assignment to investigate the mysterious Mr. X. Rebecca Stead created a fast, fun and interesting adventure. All the characters and dialogue were so witty and uniquely crafted. Stead wrote an unique book that readers will cherish and won't forget any time soon. I felt like I really could relate to all the characters because they were so down to earth. The characters dealt with real-life problems that people actually face on a daily basis. Liar & Spy is a story about conquering your fears, growing up, and facing problems. There are just so many lessons in this book that readers should part with. Even if this book doesn't seem like your thing I suggest you try it. I really loved Stead's writing style so I decided to get When You Reach Me and I am ready to read it soon.If you want to read a smart, witty, and fun book what are you waiting for?