scottreadsit

Scott Reads It!

I Hunt Killers

I Hunt Killers - Seen at Scott Reads It I Hunt Killers is one of my favorite books I read this year. I honest never thought reading about serial killers could be so entertaining.From the first sentence I knew I Hunt Killers was the book for me. I Hunt Killers tells the story of Jasper "Jazz" Dent who is the son of a famous serial killer. Basically Jazz is trying to prove to himself and the world that he will not turn out like his serial killer father. Jazz decides to investigate a series of murders in his town to prove he is nothing like his dad. I was really surprised how thought-provoking I Hunt Killers was and I couldn't stop thinking about Jazz's internal conflict. I really liked how even though I Hunt Killers is a dark book about serial killers, Barry Lyga still managed to make I Hunt Killers a fun and humourous read. Jazz's best friend Howie was really funny and provided alot of hilarious dialogue that really provided a ton of comic relief. Now onto the more serious dark murder crimes... The murder scenes were completely unfeignedly brutal and gruesome. I really felt like Barry Lyga put alot of effort into I Hunt Killers and it felt very well-researched. I really learned a ton about law enforcement, serial killers, and crime scenes. Jazz is one of the most fantastically written characters I have ever read. His struggle with himself is a completely brutal conflict that really interested me. Personally I know that Jazz could never have killed someone because he is not the monster his father is. Jazz was an extremely likeable character that was really well-developed to the point where I felt like I knew him. Jazz's loyalty to his friends Connie and Howie was really something spectacular and admirable. I really hope that Jazz gets rid of his personal demons and the skeletons in his closet in the next book. I Hunt Killers is a fast-paced mystery that left me speechless and dumbfounded. I truly was never bored at all in I Hunt Killers because there was always something exciting going on. The plot of I Hunt Killers is extremely complex and well developed but still easy to follow. I really enjoyed Mr. Lyga's writing style which was very simplistic and compelling. Everything in I Hunt Killers was really realistic and gory, I do really enjoy gory novels. The supporting characters are really outstanding especially G. William and Howie. Another thing that I failed to mention above is scenes from the killer's point of view which really gave you a sick and twisted perspective on the murders. I Hunt Killers is a thriller that will leave readers clamoring for more. I'm certainly psyched for the sequel Game and I hope it is as gory as I Hunt Killers. This is a thought-provoking novel that I really needed after reading so many non-sensical light reads recently. After hearing that I Hunt Killers is being adapted as an ABC Family TV Show I'm really excited but I hope they don't tone down the meaning and ingenuity of this book. I would highly recommend I Hunt Killers for everyone. To make the wait until Game comes out less painful, I think I wanna read the Dexter novels.