scottreadsit

Scott Reads It!

The Eternity Cure

The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa Check out my blog and my other reviews!Thank you to Harlequin Teen for providing me with a copy of The Eternity Cure in exchange for a honest review. How do you follow up one of the best books of 2012? The Eternity Cure was one of my most anticipated books of 2013 and I had huge expectations. The Eternity Cure is a rare sequel that is even better than it's predecessor! Everything I loved about The Immortal Rules is present in this book. The Eternity Cure is just as action-packed and entertaining as the first book of the Blood Of Eden series. This book definitely has more character development and you really develop more of a connection with the characters in this book. Allison is more kick ass than ever in The Eternity Cure and I just couldn't help but obsess over her. Jackal is truly the star of The Eternity Cure and he added a ton of humor to this book. I laughed a few times during this book because of him. "Go up past the wall, where all the scary vampires live? Maybe you want to pour some honey or barbeque sauce over yourself before we leave too.""Why don't we rescue some orphaned kittens and put food out for stray puppies while we're are it." Jackal never ceases to amuse me."Jackal may have irritated Allison so much but I found him so entertaining. I'll admit it. I didn't even remember who Jackal was when I started The Eternity Cure but now he is one of my all-time favorite characters. I love reading about villains because there's something awfully interesting about despicable characters. Sarren is an extremely well-done character because he was extremely terrifying. Thanks to Julie Kagawa, I will never think of a "little bird" the same way. I really want to see more of Sarren in the book 3. Besides being extremely entertaining, The Eternity Cure is also extremely thought provoking. The Eternity Cure is truly about friendship and what makes us human. I love reading any book that can truly make me reflect on myself and make me think who I am as a person. The Eternity Cure is an extremely addicting book. Kagawa's writing entices the reader to keep on reading with tons of plot twists that will leave readers extremely emotional. All of the characters are developed extremely well and you will without a doubt form attachments to all of them. I applaud Kagawa for avoiding of all the dystopian and vampire cliches that I really hate. Even though I wasn't a huge fan of The Iron King, I have decided to continue the series because I enjoyed The Immortal Rules and The Eternity Cure so much! I would recommend reading The Eternity Cure without a doubt! (P.S. If you haven't read The Immortal Rules, what are you waiting for?)