scottreadsit

Scott Reads It!

The Vicious Deep

The Vicious Deep - Zoraida Córdova Find this review at Scott Reads ItCheck out my interview with Zoraida Córdova!“He was claimed by the sea...and now it wants him back.” Thank you to Goodreads which helped me find the Vicious Deep! I found it on a listopia for YA Mermaid books and I was so excited to find a book from the point of view of a merman. I also met Zoraida Cordóva at an annual book festival and she was very kind and friendly! Also my Goodreads friend Dr. Bob recommended it to me which made me want to read it even more! I really loved the Vicious Deep! It was told from the point of view of Tristan Hart who at first seemed like a bit of a jerk but he really proved himself to be a true hero and just an awesome character. Tristan was a realistic teenage boy that I felt like I could really relate to! Tristan was out at sea missing for 3 days and he keeps having visions of a mermaid with sharp teeth. Tristan can tell no one not even his best friend Layla about what he is going through. Tristan must travel to the Sea Court to meet the merfolk and he is truly in for the adventure of his life! The Vicious Deep was such a fast and fun read! I loved how funny Tristan was and I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading. Seriously my family members probably thought I had something wrong with me because I was laughing so much! The action scenes were so exciting to read and I couldn't stop reading! This was my reaction to my family members while reading!