scottreadsit

Scott Reads It!

Breathe

Breathe - Find this review at Scott Reads It **Thank you to Greenwillow Books for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review** Breathe had a lot of promise in my opinion but it really disappointed me. Imagine a world where people live inside a dome and outside is pretty much ruins (Under The Never Sky) then imagine that inside the dome people need oxygen masks to survive (Masque of the Red Death). Breathe takes in place in a dome ruled by a government called Breathe. This book is told from the POV of three different characters (1 male, and 2 females). The POV was a bit of a problem for me because Alina and Bea sounded pretty similar and I had to flip back to see who was talking. I like books where the characters have distinct voices but this wasn't the case with Breathe.All the characters in Breathe weren't too likeable in my opinion. Be warned there is a cliche and typical love triangle! Quinn is in love with Alina even though he doesn't really know her. Alina doesn't really love anybody and Bea is obsessed with Quinn. Why is Quinn too blind to see that Bea has liked him since they were little? I'll tell you why! It's a stereotypical generic love triangle that we have seen so often in media. The male best friend always falls in love with someone new and foreign to him. He never opens his eyes and sees that his best friend loves him more than a friend. I am not a big fan of Breathe but it was a decent read. It had action and adventure along with romance. It was in my opinion, a typical dystopia even though the plot sounded original. Breathe in my opinion was pretty cliche and was very predictable!! I don't recommend this book at all but I'm clearly the minority here. I definitely won't be reading the sequel to Breathe. If you're in the mood for a great dystopian read Under The Never Sky instead!!!