scottreadsit

Scott Reads It!

Who Could That Be at This Hour?

Who Could That Be at This Hour? - Find reviews and more at City of Books There is a book that is strangely addicting and very mysterious. I am talking about none other than Lemony Snicket's latest Who Could That Be At This Hour? which covers Mr. Snicket's apprenticeship with V.F.D. Who Could That Be At This Hour? is the first book in a 4 book series which serves as a sort of prequel to A Series of Unfortunate Events. I was very impressed with this Middle Grade mystery which really exceeded all my expectations. The most rewarding part of this book is really the mysterious and often strange prose. Lemony Snicket wrote Who Could That Be.. in the same style as A Series of Unfortunate Events. The writing is asoddly brilliant and witty as you would expect from Lemony Snicket. This book is written in a way that really engrossed me and I couldn't stop reading at all. Everything is not what it seems in Stain'd By The Sea, a strange town that is mostly abandoned. Lemony Snicket recalls his apprenticeship with S.Theodora Markson, a woman who won't admit what the S. stands for! Lemony Snicket needs to solve the mystery of the Bombinating Beast which is looks like a rabid seahorse. Can Snicket find the Bombinating Beat while avoiding asking All The Wrong Questions? While reading Who Could That Be At This Hour?, I was taken on a journey unlike anything I have read before. Lemony Snicket is as delightfully sinister as he was in A Series of Unfortunate Events. Frankly if you love A Series of Unfortunate Events like I do, Who Could That Be At This Hour? is a must read. Who Could That Be At This Hour is a fast and fun book that you won't want to miss out on. I highly recommend this book for fans of fun mysteries that keep you longing for more. If you're asking yourself "Should I read this book?", you're asking yourself All The Wrong Questions.