scottreadsit

Scott Reads It!

MILA 2.0

MILA 2.0 - Seen at Scott Reads It I'll be honest Mila 2.0 didn't exactly live up to my expectations but I still enjoyed reading it nevertheless. Mila 2.0 definitely has the potential to be a spectacular TV Show and I'll definitely be tuning to see it. Mila 2.0 was an action packed and original debut but it lacked a bit in the character and romance departments. The plot of Mila 2.0 is very straight forward and interesting. Mila thinks she is an ordinary girl but in truth she is an android made by the government. Now she is the run with her mother and trying to escape the clutches of the government Mila 2.0 is a Sci-Fi thriller that is unlike anything I have ever read. The plot was definitely interesting to read and it caught my interest. Mila 2.0's plot isn't anything groundbreaking but it was definitely entertaining and interesting to read. One of my favorite aspects of Mila 2.0 are the action scenes because they were well-written and thrilling. While reading Mila 2.0's action scenes I kept telling myself: "Just one more chapter." One chapter turned into 5 or 6 chapters and I finished Mila 2.0 alot faster than I expected. The action scenes of Mila 2.0 were just perfect and I can't wait to see them on the future TV Show. The characterization in Mila 2.0 was seriously lacking. Driza characterized Mila well and she was definitely a well-developed and interesting character. Mila was the only character in the entire book that I actually cared about. Hunter is Mila's love interest but the reader doesn't really get a chance to know him because his part in Mila 2.0 is very short. Hunter only appears in the beginning of the book and Mila instantly is obsessed with everything about him. Mila's infatuation with Hunter carried throughout the entire novel and it kind of annoyed me. Mila mentions the fact that Hunter has a lopsided grin 7 times in Mila 2.0 and I just didn't get Mila's obsession with lopsided things. We don't really know much about Hunter besides the fact that he lives in Mila's town and has a lopsided grin."I had a sudden yearning to trace that lopsided top lip with my finger" I really wanted to know more about Hunter because he seemed like a pretty cool guy. I felt like Driza rushed our meeting with Hunter and I hope we get to know him better in the next book. Lucas is the other character that Mila has a bit of a crush on. Lucas has a lopsided gait and he is a student from MIT who works with Holland (Mila 2.0's antagonist). Lucas was more developed than Hunter but he is also lacking in character development. Another character that I wanted to know more about was Holland. I wanted to be terrified of Holland but he just was such a typical villain. Holland was just your average villain and he is just nothing special at all. He does the usual villain methods and I wanted to see more psychotic behavior from him. Mila described him as psychotic person so I really wanted to see Holland to act more insane."Lucas's lopsided gait was more noticeable than usual in the empty hallway..." Even though there isn't much romance in Mila 2.0, it's quite obvious Driza is setting up a future love triangle. Mila only had a brief relationship with Hunter in this book but I know that Lucas will become a love interest. Maybe it's the lopsided gait that's clueing me into the obvious future love triangle. I am just kidding but it really annoyed me how Driza consistently used the word lopsided. Mila 2.0 could have used a little romance because it was a bit ridiculous how Driza sets up a love triangle, yet she doesn't even utilize it. Personally I enjoyed Mila 2.0 even though it didn't meet my expectations. I am still questioning what's up with that "cliffhanger ending" and the comparion with I Am Number Four. According to the description there is a breath-taking cliffhanger but there was nothing of the sort. The ending of Mila 2.0 wasn't fabulous but it was pretty decent. I am not sure who wrote this blurb because it sounds like they didn't even read Mila 2.0. Mila 2.0 is nothing at all like I Am Number Four and it really confuses me how you can compare two books that are different in every way. I would definitely recommend Mila 2.0 and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel and seeing the TV Show.