scottreadsit

Scott Reads It!

The Seven Tales of Trinket

The Seven Tales of Trinket - Shelley Moore Thomas Check out Scott Reads It! for reviews, giveaways, & more!Ever so often, I read a book that is absolutely wonderful; a book that makes me want to climb a mountain and shout at the top of my lungs how much I loved it! The Seven Tales Of Trinket is one of those books and it's truly a literary gem. It's no surprise it was Kirkus Reviews Best Children's Book of 2012.and that it received starred reviews from Kirkus, Publishers Weekly and Booklist. Despite all of this book's accolades, I was surprised to see that this book has relatively few reviews on Goodreads and most of my friends. This book definitely deserves more hype because it is a perfect fantasy read for people of all ages. The Seven Tales Of Trinket is a wonderfully written anthem to the literary word and all those who cherish it. This book is absolutely perfect for bibliophiles whose urge to read is basically insurmountable. You know who you are! This may be a middle-grade title, but there is definitely cross-over appeal for this title. This is a book that parents can read to their children or enjoy on their own; it's nearly impossible not to fall in love with Trinket's journey. The Seven Tales Of Trinket delivers in all the right ways: providing the reader with laughs, heartfelt moments of joys, and tear jerking scenes. This is a tale that is deep and poignant, but at the same time, Trinket is loads of fun. Shelley Moore Thomas has crafted a tale that now holds a special place in my heart and I will cherish this story for years to come. The Seven Tales Of Trinket has a genuine ole fashioned feel it, yet it was such a refreshing and original read. Right from the first few chapters, I was hooked and completely immersed. In so few pages, Thomas accomplishes so much what many authors never manages to do. Thomas creates such likeable, faulted characters that the reader can't help but love. These characters are extremely realistic; Trinket and Thomas are the types of characters that reader will be able to empathize and connect with. Shelley Moore Thomas's Middle-Grade debut deserves an incalculable amount of praise. This book quickly became one of all-time favorite middle-grade books and I definitely could imagine myself re-reading this one day to my kids. I can't praise and gloat over this book enough. The Seven Tales Of Trinket is one of the best books I've read this year, I really wish I had picked it up sooner!