scottreadsit

Scott Reads It!

Diverse Energies

Diverse Energies - Tobias S. Buckell,  Joe Monti,  Ursula K. Le Guin,  Malinda Lo,  Paolo Bacigalupi,  Rahul Kanakia,  Cindy Pon,  Rajan Khanna,  Ellen Oh,  Daniel H. Wilson,  K. Tempest Bradford,  Ken Liu,  Greg Van Eekhout Check out Scott Reads It! for giveaways, reviews & more!The problem with reviewing anthologies is that usually the stories are extremely inconsistent and uneven. Diverse Energies' stories range from excellent page turners to absolutely terrible stories that I could barely read. All of the stories feature people of diverse ethnicities, it was definitely nice to read about POCs for a change. My Favorites:Freshee's Frogurt by Daniel H. Wilson - This short story is actually an excerpt from Robopocalypse, a book that I've had on my "To-Read" list for a while. This story is in the form of an interview, "World War-Z" style, and it is 100% mindless fun. I definitely need to read Robopocalypse soon. Gods Of The Dimming Light by Greg Van Eekhout- This story was so unusual and original! I love how Norse mythology was incorporated into it and I'll definitely check out the author's novels. Good Girl by Malinda Lo - A strange story that reminded me of Enclave for some reason, but it still was pretty original. This story features an unconventional LGBT romance which was interesting to read. Not-So-Good Stories: A Pocket Full Of Dharma by Paolo Bacigalupi - I expected alot more from this short story considering how popular Shipbreaker is. This story was pretty generic and was nothing special. Solitude by Ursula K. Le Guin - This story was so uninteresting and I couldn't bear to read any more of it. I actually quit reading this story because I was so bored out of my mind.