scottreadsit

Scott Reads It!

I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Legacies

The Legacies - Pittacus Lore Find this review at City of Books I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: The Legacies is an omnibus containing the 3 novellas in the series so far (Six's Legacy, Nine's Legacy and The Fallen Legacies). I really was excited when they released this omnibus because I didn't want to shell out $3.99 for each novella. The Legacies is an excellent companion to the Lorien Legacies because it helped me understand Number Six, Number Nine and Mogadorians better. For those of you who haven't read I Am Number Four or seen the awesome movie with Alex Pettyfer, I'll give you a bit of info. A planet called Lorien was destroyed by an evil species of aliens called Mogadorians (Mogs) and Lorien's few survivors have fled to Earth. The survivors of Lorien have powers called legacies and are called Garde. A charm was cast so that the Garde could only be killed in order as long as they stay apart. That was enough info dumping for one review! Six's Legacy was an interesting novella because Six is one of my favorite characters in the series. We find out alot more about who Six is and how her past affected her. Six is just of one of those characters that is so kick ass that you can't help but like her. Six's Legacy was a really intense and action packed novella that I really enjoyed. It was really interesting to see how different Six's personality was in Six's Legacy compared to in I Am Number Four. Six's Legacy made me realize why I love Number Six so much and I really hope she is a major part of book 4. Nine's Legacy was as action-packed and emotional as Six's Legacy. I didn't enjoy Nine's Legacy as much as Six's Legacy because frankly Six is a more interesting protagonist. Nine's back story was an intense story that told of Nine's journey before Rise of Nine and it was a pretty remarkable story. I really didn't like Maddy at all and I couldn't feel sorry for her no matter what. Nine wasn't as cold and arrogant in this novella like he was in Rise of Nine and I definitely liked #9 in this novella. The Fallen Legacies is definitely the most thought-provoking of all 3 novellas. The Fallen Legacies is told from the point of view of a young Mogadorian. Our protagonist of The Fallen Legacies is a young Mogadorian who starts to question everything he has been taught. This novella was my favorite of the three because it was very diverse from the other novels and we were introduced to Numbers 1, 2, and 3. #1 was definitely a fascinating character and I hope somehow she makes an appearance in future novels. As a whole, The Legacies was a very entertaining and informative read. I really enjoyed how we learned of Six and Nine's backstory which helped the reader understand both characters better. As I expected Lore wrote 3 fast paced novellas that really were engaging. If you have read any of the books in the Lorien Legacies series I recommend you pick up this omnibus. If you haven't read I Am Number Four I suggest that you read it!